NorCal House of Chess helps organize scholastic and adult tournaments. In 2012, NHC conducted the most prestigious tournament in Northern California. For many years, NHC has organized around 200 rated tournaments in the US. http://www.uschess.org/msa/AffDtlTnmtHst.php?A6031214.4
We held many FIDE-rated tournaments, norm-events, adult tournaments, 1-day swiss, 2-day swiss and many scholastic tournaments. Our most popular tournament is the scholastic quads which we host once or twice a month. We usually average around 28-36 players. Sometimes we even had 60 players in our quads. Hence, we have a good amount of kids for their rating range.
The Scholastic Quads are now run either by SHAF (Shafieen Helping a Friend) or GIFT EDUCATION SERVICES, INC. or XCellChess Club. All of these chess clubs are founded by former students of NorCal House of Chess and are now raising funds for various good causes. XCellChess Club is created by WIM Ashritha Eswaran together with her dad. SHAF on the other hand is created by another former student Shafieen Ibrahim who goes to Harker High School. GIFT EDUCATION SERVICES, INC. is also run by another former student, CM Pranav Senthilkumar.
Please check the list of tournaments we’re conducting in the coming months.
Kids are grouped into 4 based on their ratings.
Time-control: game in 30 mins with 5-second delay
Rounds 1:15 pm, 2:30 pm and 3:30 pm
To register, please click the dates.
(Tournament fees are non-refundable. However, credit can be given for a future quad but must be requested within 30 days of purchase.)
SPECIAL FUNDRAISING QUAD
Presented by S.H.A.F – www.shafieenhelpingafriend.com
*Proceeds from the event will go directly towards the Gaunaddog Girls’ School in Comilla, Bangladesh. S.H.A.F Inc. is assisting this rural school by providing newer, more advanced technological equipment and instruction on computers and computer science to develop the IT department for these high school girls.
EF: $25, same-day registrants will be charged $30
- Rounds 1:15 pm, 2:30 pm and 2:30 pm
- Kids are grouped into 4 based on their ratings.
- Time-control: game in 30 mins with 5-second delay
- ALL Proceeds from S.H.A.F Inc. go towards helping those in need in Bangladesh and areas hit by disasters.
Recommended for kids who are unrated up to 1300 USCF rating. We congratulate top winners with trophies and medals for every participant!
***USCF membership required. We can help you sign up!***
Click the date to register!
NHC Friday Knight Marathon
5-SS, G/75, d5 for Open and Amateur, One game every Friday night!!
3 SECTIONS: 1800 and above for Open, u1800 Amateur and u1000 for Novice
**FREE LECTURE BY A GRANDMASTER/IM/FM/FAMOUS CHESS CELEBRITY**
There will be 3 sections. The advanced entrees for the other sections will be posted as well. Please sign up early.
Rules & Guidelines for FKM
Location: NorCal House of Chess – 44802 Osgood Road, Fremont, CA 94539.
Games Begin at 6:45 pm.
Normal rounds start at 6:30 pm.
Lecture is from 6:30-6:50 pm
- 5 rounds, one game every Friday. October 13, 20, 27, Nov. 3 & 10.
- Round 1: 7 p.m. Oct. 13; other rounds start at 645 pm
- Time Control: G/75, d5
- USCF rated
- All time delay/increment must be from the beginning.
- Entry Fee: $45.00.
- $10.00 play-up fee.
- Sections: Open (1800 & Over), Amateur (1000 & Over), Novice (u1000)
- A request for up to two 1/2 point byes will be accepted if requested in advance.
- Cash prizes and chess products will be given away (50% of prize fund).
- Cash prizes can only be given to NorCal House of Chess members. All other prizes will be given as either a membership to NHC plus the remainder in cash, or partial payment toward a year’s membership.
- A request for up to three 1/2 point byes will be accepted under the following conditions:
- All byes are irrevocable.
- Bye requests must be made by noon on Friday
- All questions and bye requests should be sent to: email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org
NHC $WI$$ TOURNAMENTS
This is a 3-round swiss tournament offering prize money for winners in various sections. The time control is game in 75 minutes with 5-second delay. This is ideal for adults and kids who prefer to play longer time control.
$ 1,000 prize fund based on 35 entrees; 50% guaranteed. Prizes will be adjusted accordingly based on the number of paid entrees.
Game in 75 minutes, 5-sec delay. Entry fee is $45.00.
Late fee WAIVED/ Play up fee is $ 20.00. Free entry for 2200 rated and above ($30 entry fee will be deducted from the prize winning). 1 half point bye is allowed.
OPEN SECTION (1800 and above rating) $ 200, $ 150 (1st & 2nd – if tied, money will be split) u2000 $50
AMATEUR SECTION (1400-1799) $150, 100 (1st & 2nd – if tied, money will be split evenly) u1600 $50
NOVICE SECTION (u1400) $ 120, 80 (1st & 2nd – if tied, money will be split evenly) u1200 $50 u1000 $50
1st ROUND – 11:00 am
2nd ROUND – 1:45 pm
3rd ROUND – 4:30 pm
LOCATION: 44802 Osgood Road, Fremont, CA 94539.
Email us at email@example.com if you’re interested in signing up. Click here to register online.