BIG CONGRATULATIONS TO NHC student Yesun Lee. She won the Gold Medal at the North American Youth Chess Championships in Canada. She earned a title Woman FIDE Master. Yesun has attended several special group classes at NorCal and was taught by Coach Ted Castro. She also goes to Weibel Elementary and trained by coaches from Weibel Chess.
CONGRATULATIONS to NORCAL kids for winning 3 major divisions at the SUPER STATE CHAMPIONSHIPS last March 11 & 12, 2017 at the Santa Clara Convention Center.
NORCAL kids won the Team Championships for the K-6 Varsity, K-5 Varsity and the Kindergarten section!!!
KUDOS to NORCAL HOUSE OF CHESS students who dominated the recently-concluded National Junior Congress last January 21 & 22 in Livermore. In the team competition, we won 4 National Championship Team Titles (4 out of 6 sections that we participated in!).
In the TEAM competition, NHC students won the following divisions:
16-under (1st Place!)
Srivatsa Puranam, Aadya Mishra, Srichara Guddanti,
Daniel Vasilyev & Aiushe Mishra
14-under (1st Place!)
Nicholas Manuto, Ronit Pattanayak, Aditya Kumar,
Mihir Kinjawadekar, Mateusz Zielinski, Atul T.
10-under (1st place!)
Ujan Ray, Samik P. Ashley P., Saativk K.
Katherine P., Pranav S., Prathul & Rithvik
6-under (1st place!)
Asa Liu, Advay Bansal, Elizur Kirshner,
Brian Zhang, Sophiena Mendoza
8-under (5th place)
Yiyang, Krishna, Tanush, Eshaan, Rishi,
Guhan, and Leonardo
CONGRATULATIONS TO ALL OF YOU! AWESOME JOB!
Kudos to Katherine Pask for winning the CalChess Girls Age Level State Championship (10 year old section)!
A special SHOUT OUT to ASHLEY PANG who tied for 1st place and earned a title Woman Candidate Master at the North American Youth Chess Championships (NAYCC) in Windsor, Canada!
Congratulations to our very own, NHC home-grown student, Woman International Master Ashritha Eswaran who had an impressive performance at the recently concluded US Womens Championship that was held in St. Louis, Missouri. She scored a remarkable 5.5 points (highest among the superstar youngsters) drawing against GM Irina Krush (7-time US Women's Champion) and winning a crucial game in the last round against the tournament leader, WGM Tatev Abrahamyan. Despite being the lowest-rated in the tournament amongst the best female players in the country, she got 7th place and won $5,000! Kudos Ashritha!
We are so proud of you! WIM Ashritha Eswaran tied for 3rd place (4th in tie-break) at the Pan American Championship (u-20) in Colombia, June 2016. She defeated the tournament leader in the last round, finishing an impressive 6.0/9.0. YAY ASHRITHA!!!
NorCal House of Chess tied for 2nd place. After tie-breaks the two teams who competed which composed of NHC coaches and students ended up in 3rd and 4th place!
NorCal House of Chess team won the top Chess Club award!
- Voted #1 Chess Club in the U.S. by the US Chess Federation
- USAT National Champions 2013, 2014 & 2015 (NHC Coaches & NHC Students)
- Winners 3 National Team Championships at the 2015 US National Junior Congress. Produced 2 National Champions!
- NHC won 5 State Championships as a team & produced 7 individual State Champions!
- NHC student, National Master Ashritha Eswaran won the US Juniors Girls Championships in Tulsa, Oklahoma. She also won the Gold Medal and earned a Woman International Master title and a WGM norm in the Pan American Girls Championships held in San Salvador, El Salvador.
- NHC student, Woman Candidate Master Aksithi Eswaran won the Gold Medal for Team USA at the Pan American Youth in Cali, Columbia.NM Ashritha Eswaran tied for 1st and took home the Bronze Medal on tiebreaks. Another NHC student, Chenyi Zhao tied for 2nd place and also took home the Bronze Medal.
- NHC Students Rishith Susarla and David Pan were part of their school team (MSJE) who competed at the Yes2Chess Grand Finals in London. Their team won 1st place.
- Coach Ted Castro came home with 2nd place in the U2200 and a cash prize at the Millionaire Chess Tournament in Vegas, Nevada.
- NHC students participated at the World Youth Chess Championships in Thessaloniki, Greece!
NHC Members: Jacob Han, Atul Thirumalai, Arya Bhat, and Anish Korlimarla
1st Grade: Shaurya Palusa, tied for 3rd place
3rd Grade: Pranav Sairam, 2nd place
Allyson Wong, tied for 4th place
5th Grade: Oliver Wu, 1st place
Jacob Han, 2nd place
6th Grade: Aaron Lee & Stanley Ko, tied for 1st
8th Grade: Ronit Pattanayak, 2nd place
CONGRATULATIONS NHC FOR WINNING THE 2015 CHESS CLUB OF THE YEAR FROM USCF !!!
B. U.S. GIRLS JUNIOR CHAMPIONSHIP IN TULSA, OKLAHOMA.
C. PAN AMERICAN YOUTH CHESS CHAMPIONSHIP IN CALI, COLOMBIA
D. PAN AMERICAN CHAMPIONSHIPS UNDER 20 in San Salvador, El Salvador
WIM Ashritha Eswaran scored 7.5 points to win the Pan American Championship Girls U20 in El Salvador. With the win, she earned an outright Woman International Master title and a Woman Grandmaster norm. This girl can’t seem to be stopped!