NorCal House of Chess will continuously conduct quality tournaments this year. In 2012, NHC conducted the most prestigious tournament in Northern California. We are planning to host another one this year so watch out for it. We are also going to conduct several Scholastics (swiss & quads), Adults (long-time control) and International/Invitational tournaments. Please check our website from time-to-time for more announcements.
Kids are grouped into 4 based on their ratings.
Time-control: game in 30 mins with 5-second delay
Rounds 1:15 pm, 2:30 pm and 3:30 pm
To register, please click the dates.
SPECIAL FUNDRAISING QUAD @ NHC – Sunday
Presented by S.H.A.F – www.shafieenhelpingafriend.com
*MARCH 26 QUAD PROCEEDS WILL GO TO THOSE AFFECTED BY THE RECENT FLOODING IN SAN JOSE. PLEASE BRING MONEY, CLOTHES, SUPPLIES TO AID THOSE IN NEED. THANK YOU!!!
EF: $25, same-day registrants will be charged $30
- Rounds 1:15 pm, 2:30 pm and 3:30 pm
- Kids are grouped into 4 based on their ratings.
- Time-control: game in 30 mins with 5-second delay
- ALL Proceeds from S.H.A.F Inc. go towards helping those in need in Bangladesh and areas hit by disasters.
Recommended for kids who are unrated up to 1300 USCF rating. We congratulate top winners with trophies and medals for every participant!
Click the date to register!
NHC Friday Knight Marathon
5-SS, G/75, d5 for Open and Amateur, One game every Friday night!!
3 SECTIONS: 1800 and above for Open, u1800 Amateur and u1000 for Novice
**FREE LECTURE BY A GRANDMASTER/IM/FM/FAMOUS CHESS CELEBRITY**
Rules & Guidelines for FKM
Location: NorCal House of Chess – 44802 Osgood Road, Fremont, CA 94539.
Games Begin at 6:45 pm.
Normal rounds start at 6:30 pm.
Lecture is from 6:30-6:50 pm.
- 5 rounds, one game every Friday.
- Round 1: 7 p.m. Feb. 10; other rounds start at 645 pm
- Time Control: G/75, d5
- USCF rated
- All time delay/increment must be from the beginning.
- Entry Fee: $45.00.
- $10.00 play-up fee.
- Sections: Open (1800 & Over), Amateur (1000 & Over), Novice (u1000)
- A request for up to two 1/2 point byes will be accepted if requested in advance.
- Cash prizes and chess products will be given away (50% of prize fund).
- Cash prizes can only be given to NorCal House of Chess members. All other prizes will be given as either a membership to NHC plus the remainder in cash, or partial payment toward a year’s membership.
- A request for up to three 1/2 point byes will be accepted under the following conditions:
- All byes are irrevocable.
- Bye requests must be made by noon on Friday
- The Tournament Director/Arbiter for this event is Ted Castro.
- All questions and bye requests should be sent to: email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org
Advanced entrees for the Open Section:
FM Ronald Cusi 2270, Ted Castro 2050, Nikunj Oza 1950, Kayven Riese 1940, Serafina Show 1840, Anirudh Seela 1933, Pranav Senthilkumar 2030, Milosz Zielinski 2049.
u1800: Guerrero Silvestre 1250, Shine Gordovez 1150, Krishna Senthilkumar 900, Nikko Le 1316, Shreyas Jay 1015, Shree Jay 1370, Srivatsa Puranam 925, John Silvestre 800, Matieusz Zielenski 1310